Hi!
Look, I'm from Uruguay and I had the same problems with carriers from here.
Apply in this form:
https://appengine.google.com/waitlist/sms_issues
and explain that you're not getting the activation sms... after a few hours
you should get an email from google and your account activated.

Hope it helps!
Seba