Hello,

Can someone from the GAE team please confirm whether this would be
possible?

My specific use-case is that I have meta data in one entity group and
instance data in another. Services, using nested transactions and
different PersistenceManagerFactorys, could hopefully access both (as
they would be different 'Transactions' and never refer to the same
entity groups).

I've run various tests that seem to indicate that this should be
possible, but I'm now getting IllegalStateExceptions as it seems I
have: "Attempted to deregister a transaction that is not currently
registered". The only way I could really see that this would be
possible is if there was some type of thread-local stack that
explicitly prohibits this from happening (as the nested tx would close
the parent).

It's no big deal if it can't happen, but would certainly be great if
it could.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

- Andrew.