Hi,
I have a problem that I have a model where there are two hierarchys
A---*B---*C
D---*E---*F
(---*  = one to many relationships)

B has a Key with A as its parent etc So the keys grow to be fairly
large

Everything was working fine until I added the extra condition (a
unidirectional many to many relationship)
F*---->*C The only way that worked for me was to store it as a
Set<Key> however I believe I have hit a problem in that it seems that
the maximum size for the persisted ListProperties is 500 characters.
( I am using JPA.)

Is that correct?

Has anyone a suggestion to get around this problem.

The exception is as follows:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name: String properties must be
500 characters or less.  Instead, use
com.google.appengine.api.datastore.Text, which can store strings of
any length.
        at
com.google.appengine.api.datastore.DataTypeUtils.checkSupportedSingleValue(DataTypeUtils.java:
192)
        at
com.google.appengine.api.datastore.DataTypeUtils.checkSupportedValue(DataTypeUtils.java:
157)
        at
com.google.appengine.api.datastore.DataTypeUtils.checkSupportedValue(DataTypeUtils.java:
123)
        at com.google.appengine.api.datastore.Entity.setProperty(Entity.java:
280)

I cant tell what the property is but my guess is that it is the
ListProperty. however as it says "name" it could be the name attribute
from the MappedSuperclass that all the classes A-F inherit from. It
would be helpful for the error message to say what class and or object
generates the problem!

The name property should not be more than 500 characters. more like 50
at most.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance