This is a two parter - first to express some frustration (well, quite
a lot really) and second, to ask for support/help.

It feels like every time I update my GAE Eclipse plugin, my dev
environment breaks.

The reason for the break varies, this time around my classpath is
completely broken - starts with data nucleus not working (jars
duplicated into lib directory), fix that then get ClassNotFound
exceptions at runtime (GAE classes not on classpath at runtime), fix
that (library order) then find that the jars have copied down to the
lib directory, back to square one.  There are various other problems -
I've spent all bar one hour of today trying to get my environment
working again following an update.

This seems to happen every time I do a GAE upgrade, but this time
around is more broken than previously.

At the moment, it's all still broken - I'm contemplating making a new
project and copying java source files across.

Is there a fundamental "duh, stupid" thing that I'm not doing, or have
not set up that makes this work?  Is anyone else experiencing such
pain?

I'm using a Eclipse/JEE Web Application Project with GAE, but not GWT
enabled.  It has previously worked fine (between SDK updates) and I've
previously been able to fix the break post-update - not this time
though.

Help much appreciated.