As we all know, the construction of a PersistenceManagerFactory (PMF)
instance that is needed for exchanging data with the datastore is
slow.

To speed up the showing of my home page (which does not need data from
the datastore), my application creates a queued task at launch-time,
which constructs its singleton PMF instance asynchronously. This way,
the creation of my PMF does not add to spin-up (and other?) delays to
app start-up.

Can a PMF instance be shared between application instances?

If so, I could hasten app initialisation by getting an already-
existing PMF instance from the memory cache and only construct one if
it is no longer in the memory cache.