I have gone through your sample code few times, could not find what I
am missing.
What I tried now - is created a dialog with simple file upload field
(rest functionality nearly copy pasted), now that seems to be working.
May be I will come back to other code and see what causing it.
Though another thing which I came across is that some time
ImageService ( String imageURL =
imagesService.getServingUrl(blobKey); ) returns serving url with ip
address i.e. instead
/_ah/img/iS_QaJQHwq-tmmA4_5i6kw

it returns

http://0.0.0.0:8888/_ah/img/iS_QaJQHwq-tmmA4_5i6kw

In such case image does not get display as incorrect local ip address
i.e. http://127.0.0.1:8888