Is there a supported/included XMLSerializer that I can use on GAE-JAVA
for generating XML responses, without doing it all by hand in our own
code.

It's for XML output from Java objects, which are NOT dom documents or
likewise.

If it performs XML entity encoding, then even better.

I have searched and just found other posts on the net asking for the
same, or complaining, and org.xmlpull... doesn't seem to work.

If there are any tricks, then sample code to instantiate/call is very
appreciated.

thanks