I know, but I would prefer to discuss it first (offline is OK). I don't want
to start submitting patches without first confirming that

* I got the concepts correctly (there are a lot of possible
implementations).
* The design is coherent with whatever direction the project is taking.
* The project is open to submissions of this kind.

Otherwise, it's a waste of time for everyone.