The link to Google App Engine images API overview

http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/images/overview.html

This code works for transformation

ImagesService imageService = ImagesServiceFactory.getImagesService();

Image origImage = ImagesServiceFactory.makeImage(byteArray);

Blob origBlob = new Blob(origImage.getImageData());

ImageObj origImageObject = new ImageObj("orig_img.jpg",origBlob ...);

Transform tr = ImagesServiceFactory.makeResize(the_size_of_your_img,
new_size_of_your_img);

Image newImage = imageService.applyTransform(tr,origImage);