I would like to do this also.  I am currently storing files as byte[] but I
receive corrupted files about 5% of the time and it is seemingly random.  I'm
using Objectify and I think it translates the byte[] to a Blob but doesn't use
the Blobstore.

I believe it would be possible using the Apache HTTP library (or URL Fetch).  I
use the Apache library to POST a file to a URL and retrieve the response.  See
below.  If anyone has sample code, that would be great.

thx
MG

HttpParams params = new BasicHttpParams();
HttpClient httpClient = new DefaultHttpClient(new GAEConnectionManager(),
params);
HttpPost post = new
HttpPost("https://www.ocrterminal.com/api/submit.cgi?version=1.0&username=xxxx&password=yyyyy";);
HttpProtocolParamBean paramsBean = new HttpProtocolParamBean(params);
paramsBean.setUserAgent("APIClient:bdrenv");
post.setParams(params);
MultipartEntity mpEntity = new
MultipartEntity(HttpMultipartMode.BROWSER_COMPATIBLE);
mpEntity.addPart("upload", new InputStreamKnownSizeBody(new
ByteArrayInputStream(body), body.length, contentType, filename));
post.setEntity(mpEntity);
HttpResponse response = httpClient.execute(post);
HttpEntity entity = response.getEntity();
String responseString = EntityUtils.toString(entity);