Hi,

you have to distinguish between a Blob stored in Datastore whose limit
is 1 Mbyte and a blob stored in the blobstore whose limit is 2 Gbytes

For the blob in the blobstore you access it by chunks via the api: see
the byte range in
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/blobstore/overview.html#Serving_a_Blob

To read those chunks, you have to use the BlobstoreInputStream and its
read() method. See
http://code.googlecom/appengine/docs/java/javadoc/com/google/appengine/api/blobstore/BlobstoreInputStream.html

regards
didier