Hi,

My GAE application strips attachments from inbound emails and saves them as
byte[].  Objectify translates the byte[] to a
com.google.appengine.api.datastore.Blob (does not utilize BlobStore).  For some
files, it embeds equal signs in places where the original document doesn't have
any equal signs.  I've found that MS documents and HTML are rather tolerant of
this behavior, but PDFs tend to get corrupt when this happens.  Does anyone
know why these equal signs are added in seemingly random places?  Any other
advice to get around this?

Below is an example of the contents of a PDF from the "more" command.  You can
see the equal signs from the second representation of the file.

Original file (Good):
1 0 obj
<<
/CreationDate (D:20101203120005)
/Producer (SCS2PDF v1.0 (\251 BeppeCosta, 2005))
/Title (PRINT1)

endobj
2 0 obj
<<
/Type /Catalog
/Pages 3 0 R

endobj

File Snippet After Saving to DataStore (Bad):
1 0 obj
<<
/CreationDate =
(D:20101203120005)
/Producer (SCS2PDF v1.0 (\251 BeppeCosta, =
2005))
/Title (PRINT1)

endobj
2 0 obj