Hi,

If i had to that, I would:

a) test the classical all-at-once fetch for the 15000 entities

b) Then, if too long, I would try to break up the task and make it
faster via Task.

Tasks will provide you with parallel execution so you may get much
faster.
I would organize each subquery (as run asby a task) per entity-group
(supposing that your entities are grouped as GAE permits it) so that 1
subquery goes to a single datastore server to avoid concurrency race
in data fetching. This separation will also leverage the scalability /
performances offered by App Engine.

Of course, you will need to re-synchronize the subqueries at the end
of all tasks to put all results back together.

So, all of this would represent quite some coding.

As I didn't try yet personally (it's only my thoughts), it's
interesting to see if other members of this forum have something
simpler to propose.

regards

didier