Hi,
I have used xpath for xml processing in GAE and it worked well.
Once you know how to query ,it works well. I guess it uses sax parsers.

Thanks
Hari

On Dec 21, 2010 3:37 PM, "androidDeveloper" <stepmas...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

Hi all,

I need to parse large xml files. My first try was using JAXB. It works
ok for smaller xml files, but when a large xml is parsed, I get an
DeadlineExceededException and the quota on app engine seems to raise
up very fast...
Furthermore the new JAXB2 jar (JAXB2_20101209.jar) is too large to
deploy on app engine.

My Qeustions:
1. Does anyone know how to tune up jaxb, if it is possible?
I already tried the following hint from

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/794354/jaxbcontext-initialization-speedup
using a system property: -
Dcom.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.fastBoot=true
but putting it in appengine-web.xml like this...

 <property name="com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.fastBoot"
value="true" />

...does not change performance to avoid DealineExceededException?
Maybe the property is not configured right?

2. What alternatives are there on app engine for xml processing, which
are better in speed and as easy to use as JAXB?

Thanks for your help!
Greetings!