Hi,

There a bulk import / export feature on the roadmap: it will be usable
for backups. See http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/roadmap.html

If I needed it, I would personally probably develop a backup function
moving my data to an infrastructure totally distinct from Google to
avoid all possible issues: I would use S3 from Amazon to backup (via
async taks) my data on the fly in real time when as store it in GAE.

It's a bit of dev but probably the most secure cloud-based backup
solution that I can see for now.

regards

didier