Your query as written is testing for whether oneLocation is equal to
locations and oneCategory is equal to categories.  That will never be
true (I hope), because a Set<Key> will never equal a Key.  What you
mean is are they **contained by** their respective collections:

select AdPost where locations.contains(oneLocation) &&
categories.contains(oneCategory)

See section 14.6.2 (p.167) of the JDO 3.0 specification, covering
JDOQL filter expressions.  Page 170 contains a table of the methods
allowed in JDOQL.  The JDO 3.0 specification can be downloaded from
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/mrel/jsr243/index3.html

-matthew