I don't want to start a flame. I'd like to understand a bit more datastore
and jdo and how to use them better.  :)

So, the problem exists. Can you confirm?
I agree with you: it's a developer problem and not a jdo or datastore
problem. But it's the same as the classic sql injection attack: it's always
caused by developer error.

Last: on GAE the problem is very less important and mitigated than classic
sql. Infact in GAE you cannot inject the classic sql injection sequence like
" dummy' or '1'='1 ". But this is due to the fact that datastore is not able
to manage 1==1. So, as you wrote, it's important to use parameters and not
concatenated strings. Exactly the same as classic sql.   :)

Have I correctly understood?

   Fabrizio