I developed this generally useful HttpServlet that fetches your
application's static content (html, javascript, images, css) from any
external web server.  It also maintains a copy of the content in
memcache and provides an admin-only interface to refresh the copy.

I am using it to rapidly deploy changes to my user interface by
serving my content directly from SVN, and external javascript
libraries (ext-js, prototype-js, protovis) from an internal web
server.   This significantly reduces the number of deployments in an
Agile development environment.

This servlet is easily wired into your web.xml and requires little
configuration to start working.

code:  http://goo.gl/jHnee
configuration: http://goo.gl/K6dQb
blog:  http://addama.wordpress.com/2011/01/09/ui-rapid-deployment-in-appspot/

Hope you find this useful!

Hector Rovira
Institute for Systems Biology
Seattle WA

Addama is open source software offered under the Apache v2 license