Thanks all for the feedback. I guess I will start with having a good
look at Objectify.

Other question:is there any open source project that you guys know of
which fully generates a gui dynamically in GWT based on introspection
of the objects? Based on this info a basic GUI with List, Detail,
Create, Modify functionality could be generated (not code generated to
be clear, dynamic generated GUI).

Of course this approach will not do for all requirements but it could
be usefull for some administrations screens.

BR