I'm using the Twitter4J oAuth Twitter API to pull some tweets in a servlet.
 After some deployments, the servlet dies with an uncaught exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
com.google.apphosting.runtime.security.shared.stub.java.net.Proxy

Most of the time, if I simply deploy again without making any changes, the
same code will begin to work just fine.  I'm going to catch the exception
and handle it properly once I get an opportunity, but I this won't help much
since it appears to be a problem that occurring mid-deployment.  Has anyone
ever experienced this issue?  I was under the impression that the
java.new.Proxy class was NOT supported by app engine, so how is it that this
code would ever work?

Thanks a lot,

Ivan