Hi,

1 possibility that I see: you fetch a page with a variable length (i.e
dynamically generated over time: RSS stream, twitter feed, etc...) and
sometimes the length is over the URL fetch service limit -> exception

See text at end of
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/urlfetch/overview.html#Responses

regards

didier