It sounds like you're running into this issue in 1.4.0:

http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=4216

This will be fixed in the next release, which is due out soon.  In the mean
time, you can either roll back to the 1.3.8 SDK or you can try declaring
your CollectorServlet with a <url-pattern> of / instead of /*.  I believe
this will be equivalent for you, and may avoid the need to declare your JSP
explicitly.