Well, I've submitted 2 or 3 tickets to their support team last week
and haven't heard back yet.  Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

As far as how our app did on the app-engine: it was pretty smooth.  I
think the main issue we ran into was the 10 writes per entity group
per second.  I think that restriction may force us onto a different
platform.  I think we could have worked around that restriction by
employing more clever memcache usage, especially now that there is CAS
enabled on the memcache, but I'd be slightly nervous about updates
living in memcache and getting dropped before we wrote them to the
datastore.  My clients pretty much decided they want to try another
hosting solution, so I guess that's my only option  lol.

Thanks for the reply!