I understand the function of -d, but there are two issues here: 1. it works
differently locally than on the server, and 2. lots of APIs can and should
use GETs with bodies. Maybe the RFCs don't allow it, but sometimes the RFCs
don't represent the real world. In the real world, I may want to pass
additional data, such as an API key, or something to modify the format of
the result: detail=true|false, etc, and I want to give the client the option
of putting that data in the body, which makes for cleaner, easier to debug
client code (and yes, as a server developer I try to think about the
clients). Maybe the GET call would return a lot of data, but the client
wants a subset, should the user list include=1&include=3&....include=795 in
the URL? no, that's cluttered and therefore harder to debug. Sometimes it's
just cleaner to put that in the body, no matter what the RFCs say. LOTS of
real-world API's do this, (sundcloud and Indabamusic are two I've worked
with).

Moreover, it is very difficult to develop when the local and live versions
are different, so at least that much is a bug.

Finally, if I am writing an API that, say, always returns XML/JSON, and
someone sends a bad request, that, lets face it isn't all that bad, it would
be nice if I had the option of returning the result so I could still
guarantee them an XML/JSON result.