I figured out this.
I had modified the Application Setting ->AuthenticationOptions to 'Federated
Login'.  Hence it was not authenticating.
I changed back to 'Google Account API', and I am able to download the data.

This is a problem in the production application, as we will not be able to
use the bulkloader.

Anyone using bulkloader along with 'Federated login' authentication, if you
have workarounds please let me know

Regards
-Aswath
www.AccountingGuru.in.