Hi Amit,

I still don't know much about your app and requirement, but what I can
say:

a) you should stick to http rather than going to any other kind of
RPC: http on port 80 is very well managed and ubiquitous over the
whole Internet. If you go to something more "exotic", you risk getting
blocked by firewall, being poorly managed by content caches or load
balancers. You risk issues (hard to figure out and solve...) that you
could simply avoid via sticking to http.

b) If you go java to java, why don't you use standard java
serialization rather than going to PB protocol ? The idea: you have
java objects on both sides and you ship them back and force over http
via standard java serialization (using class ObjectOutputStream for
example).

Is this helpful or do I miss something?

regards

didier