I must be missing something simple here,  I have a static gif file that I
have uploaded to my app engine application with Eclipse.  When I try to
access it, it is not available on the server.
The requested URL /images/iLinkProgress.gif was not found on this server.The
location is https://myapp.appspot.com/images/iLinkProgress.gif...

I have checked that I can open the following OK

https://myapp.appspot.com/images/Test.html

my appengine.web.xml is as follows

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<appengine-web-app xmlns="http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0";>
  <application>ilinkengine</application>
  <version>1</version>

  <!-- Configure serving/caching of GWT files -->
  <static-files>
    <include path="**" />

    <!-- The following line requires App Engine 1.3.2 SDK -->
    <include path="**.nocache.*" expiration="0s" />

    <include path="**.cache.*" expiration="365d" />
    <exclude path="**.gwt.rpc" />
  </static-files>

  <!-- Configure java.util.logging -->
  <system-properties>
    <property name="java.util.logging.config.file"
value="WEB-INF/logging.properties"/>
  </system-properties>

</appengine-web-app>

Any help is appreciated on this one.....