Hi all

I am using mysql instance of google app engine. I have to add an auto
increment column to a table name actions. This table already contains
around 2 lacs of records. When i alter this table i am getting
following exceptions

Exception :class java.sql.SQLException: Timed out.
at com.google.appengine.api.rdbms.RdbmsApiProxyClient
$ApiProxyBlockingInterface.makeSyncCall(RdbmsApiProxyClient.java:103)
at com.google.appengine.api.rdbms.RdbmsApiProxyClient
$ApiProxyBlockingInterface.exec(RdbmsApiProxyClient.java:54)
at
com.google.storage.speckle.jdbc.internal.SpeckleProtoClient.executeSql(SpeckleProtoClient.java:
80)
at
com.google.storage.speckle.jdbc.internal.SpeckleProtoClient.executeSql(SpeckleProtoClient.java:
71)
at
com.google.storage.speckle.jdbc.SpeckleConnection.executeSql(SpeckleConnection.java:
400)
at
com.google.storage.speckle.jdbc.SpecklePreparedStatement.executeSqlImpl(SpecklePreparedStatement.java:
99)
at
com.google.storage.speckle.jdbc.SpeckleStatement.executeImpl(SpeckleStatement.java:
118)
at
com.google.storage.speckle.jdbc.SpeckleStatement.executeUpdateImpl(SpeckleStatement.java:
231)
at
com.google.storage.speckle.jdbc.SpeckleStatement.executeUpdate(SpeckleStatement.java:
241)

I am executing the following query:

Connection connection = ConnectionManager.getConnection(database);
connection1.setAutoCommit(true);
String updateQuery = "alter table actions modify column
_autoincrement_ bigint(20) unsigned auto_increment  unique";
PreparedStatement stmt = connection1.prepareStatement(updateQuery);
stmt.executeUpdate(updateQuery, Statement.NO_GENERATED_KEYS);

I am executing these lines in task queue.

Its run fine on local server.

Regards

Rick