Carlos,

I am having the same problem.  This is a huge issue with the Google
App Engine. I chose this environment to develop on because it seemed
to be flexible and robust. The prices seem fair.

To not be able to develop on a local development platform in Java is a
deal killer.  I'm at my wits end.

I'm using a large data set and need to test things locally first.
That there is no easy way to ingest data locally is absurd.

I recommend you give http://appwrench.onpositive.com/ a try. You can
upload data, but it's a bit buggy.