The image service has limitations. It won't allow to resize a width thats >
4000px. The image service is for light duty small images. The current
cameras on the market are producing very large images and scaling them is
trouble some. I have panoramic images, where the widths are gigantic and
this image service isn't cutting it. I suggest adding some beaf to the image
service please :). I would think that this is a core function that spans
most applications, and more beaf to it would conserve resources with the
shared libraries across the entire app base. Besides, I am having to jump
through lots of hoops to get this stuff to work, which is very boxy! Anybody
use a library jar to do the job?

Just my thoughts on image service
Brandon