I figured out that this error occurs when I load data as a list from
the DB and try to put them in the session:

def query = new Query("mydata")
PreparedQuery preparedQuery = datastore.prepare(query)
def results = preparedQuery.asList( withLimit(20) )

The class of "results" is com.google.appengine.api.datastore.LazyList
(on localhost it is java.util.ArrayList)

To avoid the NotSerializableException I put all entries from "results"
in a java.util.ArrayList and write this list in the session instead of
the "original" list