I apologize, we neglected to include the JavaDoc for the new File API
in the 1.4.3 release. It will be in 1.4.4 but I will look into posting
it somewhere temporarily. In the mean time, here is the JavaDoc for
the method you asked about:

/**
   * Creates a new empty file in the BlobStore of the specified mime-
type and
   * returns an {@code AppEngineFile} representing the file. The
returned
   * instance will have a {@link AppEngineFile#getFileSystem() file
system} of
   * {@link
com.google.appengine.api.files.AppEngineFile.FileSystem#BLOBSTORE
   * BLOBSTORE}.
   *
   * @param mimeType the mime-type of the file to be created. This
parameter may
   *        be used to inform the BlobStore of the mime-type for the
file. The
   *        mime-type will be returned by the BlobStore in an HTTP
response if
   *        the file is requested directly from the BlobStore using
the
   *        blob-key.
   * @param blobInfoUploadedFileName BlobStore will store this name in
the
   *        BlobInfo's fileName field. This string will <em>not</em>
be
   *        the {@link AppEngineFile#getNamePart() name} of the
returned
   *        {@code AppEngineFile}. It will be returned by the
BlobStore in an HTTP
   *        response if the file is requested directly from the
BlobStore using
   *        the blob-key.
   * @return A {@code AppEngineFile} representing the newly created
file.
   * @throws IOException If there is any problem communicating with
the backend
   *         system
   */
  AppEngineFile createNewBlobFile(String mimeType, String
blobInfoUploadedFileName)
  throws IOException;