Well, I give up for now. So far I can't get the bytes by fetching them fast
enough and the FileReadChannel won't read all the bytes. I've run out of
time and ideas for today. I have an ugly hack going on which will allow me
to move on for now, but it bugs me :).

I guess my ultimate goal of reading image bytes, one to get
the dimensions then to resize/scale it down is my goal. For me, this has
been a real challenge with the 1.4.3 api, but I see progressive trend of
improvements by the GAE devs, so I am looking forward to the future
releases.

Brandon Donnelson
http://gwt-examples.googlecode.com