What do you expect for a beta and free service?

----- Reply message -----
From: "mscwd01" <mscw...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Apr 25, 2011 6:44 pm
Subject: [appengine-java] Backup & restore of my app - Is this really a joke or
am I missing something?
To: "Google App Engine for Java" <google-appengine-java@googlegroups.com>

Hey

Okay, I have a simple request - I want to backup all of my apps data
on my local machine so that in the event of my data becoming corrupt
or lost I can do a restore.

So I search "backup/restore on gae" and only really find the bulk
loader as a solution. The trouble is it really isn't a solution, it
seems like an inadequate hack. Here is the first thing I read
regarding the bulkloader:

Note: This document applies to apps that use the master/slave
datastore. If your app uses the High Replication datastore, it is
possible to copy data from the app, but Google does not currently
support this use case. If you attempt to copy from a High Replication
datastore, you'll see a high_replication_warning error in the Admin
Console, and the downloaded data might not include recently saved
entities.

I use the HR datastore :(

So please tell me I'm missing something and there is a viable method
to backup and restore your data.