I supposed you used Long as the primary key in the owned/child entity? If
true, that is not allowed and it has to be Key not Long.

Hth
On Apr 26, 2011 5:49 PM, "Mike Prince" <m...@mikeprince.com> wrote:
> I have a first entity MediaAlbum with a @Transient field that holds a List

> of another entity Media. After querying for a list of MediaAlbum I get an
> exception:
>
> Error in meta-data for
> com.yumyumlabs.foundation.appengine.media.model.Media.id: Cannot have a
> java.lang.Long primary key and be a child object (owning field is
> com.yumyumlabs.foundation.appengine.media.model.MediaAlbum.media).

org.datanucleus.store.appengine.MetaDataValidator$DatastoreMetaDataException:

> Error in meta-data for
> com.yumyumlabs.foundation.appengine.media.model.Media.id: Cannot have a
> java.lang.Long primary key and be a child object (owning field is
> com.yumyumlabs.foundation.appengine.media.model.MediaAlbum.media).
> at

org.datanucleus.store.appengine.MetaDataValidator.checkForIllegalChildField(MetaDataValidator.java:376)