Could just be blobstore weirdness. I don't have a chance to get to this
soon, but can you file an issue in the issues tracker? We'll categorize it
and check it out during our next scrub.

It could be operator error, but if that were the case it would mean 1. our
SDK needs to be updated to reflect behavior in production 2. We need to
update the docs.

Ikai Lan
Blog: http://googleappengine.blogspot.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/app_engine