1. Are you able to startup eclipse. (java will need installed)
2. Once you install eclipse, what I do is get the update site for installed
   a. http://code.google.com/eclipse/docs/getting_started.html -
http://dl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/3.6
   b. Goto Eclipse > Help > Install New Software > that update link
   c. Install the google stuff
3. Once Eclipse restarts
4. Check the top of eclipse for some shortcuts with "g". Hit the blue g with
down looking carrot, and add new web application.
     a. Or Eclipse > File > New > (g) Web application Project - This will
setup a simple GWT project to work with
     b. For your first project this is what I do, Use
tld.domain.myfirsttest.MyFirstTest for package path and Project name
MyFirstTest.
5. Once your done with that make sure you test it first, start it up with
hitting debug with down carrot, and hit debug on the web app.
6. Once you the test works, place with the code in small chunks get the feel
first.

Hope that helps,
Brandon Donnelson
http://gwt-examples.googlecode.com