Hello

I had some time to try this again, but I still have no success.

I have an ActionBean with @UrlBinding("/home"). The @DefaultHandler method
ForwardResolutions to index.jsp which only prints "Hello":

@DefaultHandler
public Resolution home() {
  return new ForwardResolution("index.jsp"); // Also tried "/index.jsp"
}

In dev environment I access my app via http://localhost:8888/index.jsp and
http://localhost:8888/home. Both print "Hello". That is, it works perfectly.

After I have deployed my app on appengine I access the application via
http://<myapp>.appspot.com/index.jsp. This prints "Hello", but when I access
my app via http://<myapp>.appspot.com/home I get an infinite redirect loop.
I checked the app engine logs:

/home/index.jsp/index.jsp/index.jsp/index.jsp/index.jsp/index.jsp/index.jsp/index.jsp/index.jsp/index.jsp/index.jsp/index.jsp/index.jsp/index.jsp/index.jsp
[...]
/home/index.jsp/index.jsp
/home/index.jsp
/home/

I consider this more an app engine issue than Stripes issue because
everything works locally but not in app engine. Stripes uses a servlet
filter to handle the UrlBindings. The filter javadocs states:

This filter takes the following approach to determining when to dispatch an
ActionBean<http://stripes.sourceforge.net/docs/current/javadoc/net/sourceforge/stripes/action/ActionBean.html>:

   1. Allow the request to process normally, trapping any HTTP errors that
   are returned.
   2. If no error was returned then do nothing, allowing the request to
   complete successfully. If any error other than 404 was returned then send
   the error through. Otherwise ...
   3. Check the
ActionResolver<http://stripes.sourceforge.net/docs/current/javadoc/net/sourceforge/stripes/controller/ActionResolver.html>to
 see if an

ActionBean<http://stripes.sourceforge.net/docs/current/javadoc/net/sourceforge/stripes/action/ActionBean.html>is
 mapped to the URL. If not, then send the
   404 error through. Otherwise...
   4. Invoke
StripesFilter<http://stripes.sourceforge.net/docs/current/javadoc/net/sourceforge/stripes/controller/StripesFilter.html>and

DispatcherServlet<http://stripes.sourceforge.net/docs/current/javadoc/net/sourceforge/stripes/controller/DispatcherServlet.html>

So it expects a 404. This all seems like the app engine doesn't like this
behaviour, thus the infinte redirect loop.

I have tried to clean my configuration as much as possible:
- I only define the DynamicMappingFilter in my web.xml. No StripesFilter
anymore. According to the Stripes documentation this is perfectly ok.
- I also had Guice stuff in my web.xml but I removed them as well.
- I also configured Stripes to use my own empty implementation of the
MultipartWrapperFactory.

I am running out of ideas. Would be nice if could be confirmed that this
error indeed is reproducable and not just my misconfiguration.

Thanks
Pauli Savolainen