I'm having some architectural problems. On the net i read that saving and
retrieving datastore entities are much faster than JDO objects so i've
decided to go that route.

Do I need to create model object if i'm doing a datastore? I haven't found a
reason yet but i'm curious if i do.
How do i create relationships in datastore for both entities and embedded
objects as the following.

@Persistent(mappedBy="registry", defaultFetchGroup="true")
private List<Key> participants;

@Persistent(mappedBy="registry", defaultFetchGroup="true")
@Embedded
private List<Comment> comments;

I assume i can't just do a entity.setProperty() on a list value can i?

Then how do i retrieve that information... just as i would a regular item?
I noticed on
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/datastore/entities.html#Properties_and_Value_Types
 that
list values are not accepted.