Most every GWT app has only one entry point not counting the static html in
the war file.
The three pages you described are commonly set up as separate panels/views
that are dynamically placed into a main div within single page load.

You may want to read up on using  com.google.gwt.user.client.History for
tools on how to manipulate browser's history stack.
More advanced/complex apps use com.google.gwt.place.shared.Place for mapping
url tokens to presenters & views.

The war/WEB-INF/web.xml file controls the default page being loaded.
You can redirect it to whatever although I usually name my entry point
index.html.
  <!-- Default page to serve -->
  <welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 10:14 AM, meiaestro <jmalbre...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi experts,
>
> I'v build a web application with three entry points so far:
>
> registration
> login
> start page
>
> As you can imagine I want to (or have to)  be able to dynamically
> redirect a user - depending on his authentication/session validation, etc. -
>  to the correct entry point, regardless which URL he choose. Example: user
> chooses "start page.html" but is not yet logged in nor does he have a valid
> session id. So I want to redirect him to "login.html" automatically.
>
> Now the question: what is the best way to redirect a user from one entry
> point to the next? Is it a simple Window.open() or is it a
> GWT.setModuleBaseURL().
>
> Second Question:
> Usually the index.html (or htmls/php/etc) is the first page a webserver is
> searching for, so people are used to it. Can I somehow map a virtual
> index.html to my entry point within the app server or should I use a simple
> header redirect?
>
> Thanks a lot!

-- A. Stevko