I'm coming from a strong c# background.  I'm used to visually designing my
tables in SSMS then having VS create the data logic.  I obviously see the
greater flexibility of the way data is handled in appengine.  I'm used to a
strongly typed dataset, how can I achieve this in java for use with
appengine?  I guess I should say I plan on using the ENtity object to store
data.  not sure if

I don't like the idea of using a string every time I access the entity.  I
believe it can leave room for error.  I plan on creating an enum and each
entry in the enum could be converted to string and access the entity.

Some things I considered:

   1. use properties to get/set the entity values then I find out there is
   no property support in java
   2. extend a class, that contains basic data logic, for each entity type.
    Then I lose my strong typing.
   3. mixture of one and two using methods where i cant use properties to
   get/set the values

What are other people doing?