Hi experts,

I have following Problem with storing a Bytearray as String in the google
datastore:

I create a salt during account creation to hash the users passwordword which
then I store in the google datastore as String.

SecureRandom sr = SecureRandom.getInstance("SHA1PRNG");
byte[] salt = new byte[16];
sr.nextBytes(salt);
String saltStr = new String(salt);
object.setProperty("Salt",saltStr);

Now I want to use the salt to hash the password during Login:
byte[] salt = object.getProperty("Salt").getBytes();
Now I have to find out that the two Bytearray (input versus output) differ -
sometimes - in one or more Bytes.

Seems like the String is not transmitted to the store or stored in it
correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks!