Hello,

I am currently building a GWT + GAE app that uses Channels, thanks to the
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-gae-channel/ library.
Everything goes well locally (both hosted and web mode), but when the
deployed app fails silently.

I have several pages, and would like to use a Channel in several of them.
>From what I read from the GAE doc, you can have only one Channel open at any
given time on one page.
I thus decided to reuse my Channel across the different pages (for now
storing it as a static on the client side).

*First page*
*
*
On my landing page, I call ChannelFactory.createChannel(final String
clientId, final ChannelCreatedCallback callback), which basically does:

return new $wnd.goog.appengine.Channel(clientId);
callback.onChannelCreated(channel)

and in the callback, I do channel.open(SocketListener)

channel.open() is basically:
var socket = this.open();
socket.onopen =
socket.onclose = ...

*Second page*
On the next page, I simply get the reference to the channel, and again call
channel.open(SocketListener)
At that point, nothing happens, and no log is produced.

Looking at the quota detail in the appengine dashboard, I can confirm that
only 1 channel is opened, so it should not be an issue with this.

Would you have any idea as to what is going on?
--
seb