On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 6:43 AM, objectuser <kevin.k.le...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, on the client (browser), there's no security at all.  Security (that
> is, protecting your site from the user), is impossible.  If you just mean
> disabling buttons or changing parts of the page, then you can just pass back
> permissions to do that.  It doesn't guarantee anything, of course.

Yes, permissions can be passed back to the client side.  With the help of
permission, buttons can be enabled and disabled atleast for normal users.
However, I imagine there will be lot of 'ifs' and 'else' in the code. Is
there any structured pattern/library that can be followed here.

If you mean on the server, GWT requests are web requests.  So you intercept