Hello all,
I have code that uses the new blobstore fileservice api to write data
submitted by POST to a blob. This code hasn't changed in around 2
months and has been working reliably, but suddenly its failing. No
exceptions or anything, but the AppEngineFile.getBlobKey() call
returns null, even though I can see that the blob has been created in
the blobstore without problems. It doesn't fail reliably, but
frequently. This is critical code for me, and its really a problem.

In addition to this error, I've been getting lots of other random
errors as others have been reporting. I use GAE as a backend for a
mobile app, and just recently one of these bursts of errors hapenned
while one version of my app was going through appstore approval.
Naturally, the app recovers gracefully, but the user still sees a nice
"sync failed" error message. So, this instability is affecting me in
multiple ways. I really hope that with the new pricing we get some
better accountability, and also some more transparency to see if GAE
really is living up to that SLA we're supposed to get.