Has anyone set this up? We're running UI tests against our app using
Cucumber and Capybara and it works great locally. But I'd like to get it
done in a continuous integration environment. The major stumbling block as
that I can't seem to start the server process (DevAppServerMain) and have it
outlive Ant. I'm using a modified "runserver" target because of issues with
a hanging java.exe process (outlined here:
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=2093).

My target is based on one from that thread:

<import file="${appengine.folder}\config\user\ant-macros.xml" />
<target name="runserver" description="Starts the development server.">
    <java
classname="com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerMain"
          classpath="${appengine.tools.classpath}"
          fork="true" failonerror="true">
      <jvmarg
value="-javaagent:${appengine.folder}/lib/agent/appengine-agent.jar"/>
      <arg value="--address=localhost"/>
      <arg value="--port=8888"/>
      <arg value="war"/>
    </java>
</target>

This runs but it blocks waiting for you to cancel it manually. If I add
"spawn=true" to the <java> task, I get an error that it's not allowed.

Note that I'm doing something similar with a GWT/GAE project successfully.
In that project, I launch hosted mode with spawn=true and it runs fine. This
project is AppEngine only so I'm not using GWT or hosted mode.

Any ideas?