Hi Jayr,

        Thanks for your reply Jayr . I will make my question more clear. My
users send queries through SMS which will be routed to my app from SMS
GATEWAY(single IP address) . My app processes those queries and reply back
through SMS (again through SMS GATEWAY) .I can reply using URL FETCH(not a
problem) . But what i'm worried about is if i receive some 500 dynamic
requests/sec from single IP address , GAE might block them thinking them as
Dos(denial of service) attack .

*GAE either asks the user to enter a captcha at
https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha or redirects to
sorry.google.com and displays an error message itseems if it receives
unusual traffic  from single IP . But my users access app only through SMS.*

please look at this production issue filed :

http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=5239&q=dos&colspec=ID%20Type%20Component%20Status%20Stars%20Summary%20Language%20Priority%20Owner%20Log

regards,
 ravi.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 2:33 AM, Jayr Motta <jayrmo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Frooti,
> It will work fine, you just have to be aware of the URLFetch service
limitations, if you're going to communicate with the SMS gateway through
http request / response, then the limitation is that your request / response
should not take more than 10 seconds, but you can also try another
approaches, we just need to know what you're able to do, how to communicate,
etc .. then we can try to help you find the solution that best fits your
need.