Or the script that's used to upload your application now offers the
ability to
download logs too:

http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/tools/uploadinganapp.html

You'd have to download frequently or not depending upon your log
rate.

Or you could create a servletrequestlistener to gather the
stats you need and store them in the datastore or another datastore
using
the RemoteApiInstaller.