Hi, I hope this post well not be off topic because is related to GAE &
GWT.

I want to create a GWT + GAE project using maven, but I am pulling my
hairs of my head. I hope that someone can give me little hand with
this :)

I am following this steps:

1) mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.codehaus.mojo -
DarchetypeArtifactId=gwt-maven-plugin -DarchetypeVersion=2.3.0-1 -
DarchetypeRepository=repo1.maven.org

Define value for property 'groupId': : /*com.mycompany*/
Define value for property 'artifactId': : /*my-app*/
Define value for property 'version': 1.0-SNAPSHOT:
Define value for property 'package': com.goorkers: /
*com.mycompany.application*/
Define value for property 'module': : /*ApplicationModule*/

2) mvn gwt:run

3) Then, to use GAE I change my pom:

*Inside <properties>

<gaeVersion>1.5.1</gaeVersion>

*Inside <dependencies>

<dependency>
<groupId>net.kindleit</groupId>
<artifactId>gae-runtime</artifactId>
<version>${gaeVersion}</version>
<type>pom</type>
<exclusions>
<exclusion>
   <artifactId>appengine-tools-sdk</artifactId>
   <groupId>com.google.appengine</groupId>
 </exclusion>
</exclusions>
</dependency>

*Inside GWT plugin in <configuration>

<appEngineVersion>${gaeVersion}</appEngineVersion>
<server>com.google.appengine.tools.development.gwt.AppEngineLauncher</
server>
<copyWebApp>true</copyWebApp>

4) Then inside /my-app/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF I created appengine-
web.xml with this content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<appengine-web-app xmlns="http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0";>
    <application></application>
    <version>1</version>
</appengine-web-app>

5) Then to integrate to eclipse, I move the 3 dependencies of google
gae-runtime - gwt-user - gwt-servlet inside tag:

<profiles>
<profile>
  <activation>
   <property>
    <name>!eclipseonly</name>
   </property>
  </activation>
  <dependencies>

6) mvn eclipse:clean

7) mvn eclipse:eclipse -Declipseonly=true

8) Import in eclipse as File/Import../General/Existing Proyects into
Workspace

9) Right click over the project an then properties/Google:
Appengine --> click Use Google App engine
web Application --> check this project has a war directory  (src/main/
webapp)
    uncheck Launch and deploy from this directory
web toolkit --> Click Use google web toolkit

10) Run as/web application y it asks for a directory to deploy and I
select target/my-app-1.0-SNAPSHOT

But, in the console I get this error:

Logging to JettyLogger(null) via
com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger
[ERROR] Received exception processing /my-app/target/my-app-1.0-
SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/appengine-web.xml
com.google.apphosting.utils.config.AppEngineConfigException: Could not
locate /my-app/target/my-app-1.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/appengine-web.xml

If I move appengine-web.xml from /my-app/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF to /
my-app/target/my-app-1.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/appengine-web.xml eclipse
remarks as an error that I don't have appengine-web.xml in \my-app\src
\main\webapp\WEB-INF

Can someone share your experiences with GWT + GAE + Maven?