Yes, these get deployed, and yes they are needed online because they provide
the interfaces to the APIs. These are essentially thin clients. Fortunately,
because we calculate a hash on each of the files, they're not reuploaded
each time because we already have an identical file online.

I'm not sure how much impact this would have on startup time if you're doing
classpath scanning to remove some of these classes. You're welcome to try
and let us know what the results are.

--
Ikai Lan
plus.ikailan.com | twitter.com/ikai